”I experienced an amazing calm and clarity, enabling me to zero myself, let go of worries and feel freedom,” says Yoga Teacher, Inge Sandager, about her first experience with yoga.
“At first, however, I found that it was the most awkward experience I had ever had; and the so-called “down-ward dog”, which is supposed to be a relaxation pose, was downright unpleasant and made me feel nauseous… “.
Inge Sandager chose to continue doing yoga, adding: ”Yoga – and yin yoga in particular – gives me a dimension beyond anything other forms of exercise can give me. I get energy, focus and inner calm in one go.”
The desire to pass on this boon to others made Inge train to become a yoga teacher.
Yin Yoga Focuses on Mindfulness
“Yin yoga leads your body into deep relaxation and calm, which is the key to restitution and de-stressing as well as releasing deep fascia and ability to concentrate,” says Inge Sandager.
She highlights three specific benefits from yin yoga
- You learn to create space and volume in your body through slow movement and stationary yoga poses which improves your movability
- You learn to control your breathing which ensures you calm and clarity
- You bring your consciousness into focus and balance and your energy into flow
Yin Yoga with Inge Sandager
”In my yin yoga classes you will be guided into the yoga poses on the floor, while focusing on your breathing or, as we yogis say, prana,” explains Inge Sandager.
Inge focuses on the principles for yin, its energy and movement based on three main principles about “Grounding”, “Holding” and “Relaxation”.
She elaborates: ”We stay in relaxed poses for one to five minutes, whereby you achieve deep and calm stretches, which will make your muscles, joints and connective tissue more flexible. Yow will have the opportunity to turn your gaze inwards for a while and experience harmony and freedom from physical as well as mental stress.”
Yoga Classes with Inge Sandager at Kurhotel Skodsborg
We invite you to participate in Inge Sandager’s yin yoga classes at Kurhotel Skodsborg on Mondays at 5.00 pm and Fridays at 4.30 pm.
Learn more about the class – and sign up – under GROUP FITNESS CLASSES.
Inge Sandager’s Yoga Training and Background
Inge Sandager formerly worked as HR Manager but chose to rethink her career after being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006. She is a trained coach and psychotherapist, which adds an extra dimension to her yoga teaching.
Inge has the below training
- Yin Yoga Teacher – Training and Immersion, Yoga in Asia by Victor Chang
- The Vinyasa Wave by Shiva Rea
- Anatomy Trains in Motion by Muriel Morwitzer
- Hatha Yoga for Breast Cancer by Camille Kittrell
- Yoga as Therapy Training by Douglas Keller
- Certified Yoga Teacher in Prana Vinyasa Flow by Charlotte Bruun
- Certified Psychotherapist, MPF, experience-based at Psykoterapeutisk Institut in Copenhagen
- Management Training and Certified Coach from CTI (The Coaches Training Institute in the USA)
- Cand. Merc. Human Resource Management, CBS in Copenhagen
We invite you to learn more about Inge Sandager.